Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Mobile Development


I have recently jump started my mobile development, starting with my iPhone. I have published a simple app to the App Store on iTunes so I could learn quickly how that whole process works. Mission accomplished. 


Now I am starting on Android. Why you ask if I am doing iPhone applications. For one, I believe in being diverse on the platforms I develop for. Another is I just like learning, and this is definitely a learning experience. 


One thing I like developing for Android is that the developer fee is a 1/4 of Apple's and its a ONE TIME FEE, not a recurring yearly one... The one thing I do not like is all the different devices to target(diff screen sizes & Android versions) for. That is where Apple has Android beat. Other than processor and on board RAM, only one device in essence.


I am going to be blogging more about my travel down this path as its just getting started.

No comments: